PROGRESSION TO THE NEXT YEAR OF STUDY WITHOUT MEETING ALL THE CRITERIA (CONDITIONAL ENROLMENT)
Students may conditionally progress to the next year of study even if they do not meet all the criteria – they must have justified reasons as listed below.
Justified reasons and required proof
- Maternity during time of study – proof: extract from the birth registry.
- High-risk pregnancy irrespective of the outcome – proof: confirmation from a gynaecology specialist.
- Fatherhood in the first year after birth, if the father resides in common household with the child – extract from the birth registry, confirmation of common household.
- Illness lasting at least three months during the time of classes – numbered medical confirmation, issued by a personal doctor with a description of the disease and the length of healing, or a description of the desease, issued by a specialist or hospital discharge. The medical note must include a time of absence. In the dime of absence, the student cannot take exams or complete any other obligations, as can be discerned on VIS.
- Death of student's family members (mother, father, brother, sister, husband, wife, child) – proof: extract from the book of the deceased, the birth register, from which the relationship can be derived, in the case of members of the common household, a certificate of a common household.
- Hardship in the student's family evidenced at the Center for Social Work, which hindered the student's academic engagement during exam time or the school year – proof: confirmation from the Center for Social Work, which shows the development of the situation for at least a month prior to the examination period.
- Extraneous activity in artistic, cultural, humanitarian, sport or research fields during the time of exams – proof: confirmation of active participation issued by the corresponding organization.
- Education in two or more study programs – proof: confirmation of enrolment.
- Minimum three months of education abroad – proof: confirmation of education abroad.
- Active involvement and participation in the institution’s bodies – proof: confirmation of active participation at the meetings of the body signed by the competent authority.
In this case, the conditional progress to the next year is decided over by the Committee for Student Affairs.
Students wishing to conditionally enrol to the next year, must submit a request to the Committee for Student Affairs. A request for conditional progressto the next year is submitted by students electronically through VIS, by clicking on the 'Request' tab in the left-hand-side menu – they then select Request for enrolment – conditional enrolment and fill out the form.
A completed request should be printed, signed, and sent as recommended mail to Alma Mater, Slovenska ulica 17, 2000 Maribor, or brought to the Student Office during work hours. A completed request may be edited until it is received by the Student Office.
Students must attach a proof of payment to their request, as well as an application for the issuing of decisions – a request for conditional enrolment to the next year of study (on the price list of AMEU – ECM, the application fee is 100,00 EUR.
Student who will receive the Committee’s approval for conditional enrolment to the next year, must consider the following: Within 5 work days after the decision of the Committee for Student Affairs, we will prepare an enrolment sheet, which should be filled out electronically through VIS, thereby completing enrolment. VIS can be accessed through the AMEU website - https://vis.esmb.si/english/prijava.htm with a personal password.
We kindly ask you to confirm that you have settled all your financial obligations for the previous year before enrolment.